Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Change of Pace

My sister and her family want to move to Colorado after the new year. My best friend is talking about moving to Wisconsin next year. My brother is constantly asking me to move to Kansas City. My ex boyfriend couldn't stay in one town for more than 2 months before he started feeling the itch again. This is something I've never been able to understand. What's wrong with Kansas? It's always been good to me. I grew up here, I know how to get everywhere, I know the best restaurants, the best parks. The safest parts of town and the parts to stay away from. But....if my sister and my best friend leave...I'll be stuck here. With my parents who I don't really get along with and my other sister...who I don't really get along with either. Yes, of course, I've been asked to move to Colorado as well. But...should I? Should I give up the government job I waited 4 months for? Walk away from the only life I've EVER known? Or should I wait until my lease is up next July and move to Colorado then? Or maybe not at all...maybe just Kansas City? That's no so drastic for someone with no kids, right? I don't know what to do....and the longer I take to decide, the faster this year seems to be slipping away. It's already September. It seems like I just bought Christmas presents a month ago. It's time to start figuring life out....it's not going to wait on me to get on my feet.

Yes, Kansas, you've always been good to me....but maybe it's time for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment