Friday, August 6, 2010

What's it matter?

When I was a junior in high school, three fellow students passed away, as well as a former vice principal. After I graduated and as the months went on, every once in a while I would hear again about another Falcon that had been taken from us.

Earlier this year, the football coach's 13 year old daughter was killed in a car accident. My twin nieces are 14. This morning, a boy, class of 2010 was killed in a car accident on the turnpike. I might have been 2 years older but he's still alumni just like me and it still makes me very sad. He left behind a family...and his high school sweetheart. That's the part that's getting me...the part that's making me well up every time this accident crosses my mind.

Here I am, complaining that things didn't work out with my high school boyfriend...and this girl just lost hers. She didn't even get the CHANCE to see if things would work out with hers. Now, all she'll have is a list of what if's? Even bigger my list.

It didn't work out with him,  but at least I didn't lose him in a tragic accident. At least God gave us a chance. I should let go, should remember all the good times and thank my lucky stars that nothing tragic happened. I'm going to move on. I'm going to let MYSELF go of him. It's time. I can't forget our past, but I can move on. It's time. Life's too short to be held back by memories and what ifs.

No comments:

Post a Comment